Wood Elven society is governed by paths, and each path is led by a Warden. The paths are led to drive Wood Elves to success and achievement. The paths are:
- The Path of the Wind: this path is concerned with lore, words, diplomacy, and travel. The Warden of the Wind is Zephiria Wolveskin.
- The Path of the Glade: the Warden of the Glade is Mithnis Springsmoot.
- The Path of the Moon: this path governs over magic, portents, and wisps. The Warden of the Moon is Mellion Spiritwalker.
- The Path of the Beasts: this path is concerned with the protection of the wildlife of the Glade. The Warden of the Beasts is Gildhur Boarmaul.
- The Path of the Flame: this path governs over the balance of nature through restoration and destruction. The Warden of the Flame is Dolnir Wintersreach.
- The Path of the Stone: the Warden of the Stone is Tadvan Basaltheart.
- The Path of the Spring: this path is primarily charged with guarding the purity of the Glade's waters. The Warden of the Spring is Hedrien Loamskin.
All of the paths are guarded over by a Warden of the Sun, who is currently Iona Riverborn. Two more Wardens exist, the lorekeepers for the Wood Elves: the Warden of Day, Elleron Lunarian, and the Warden of Night, Ravela Gladewalker.
Wood elven society demands perfection, and so this graceful, austere race delivers it. They were drawn to the woods of Kojan centuries ago, and there they have developed a culture that is entirely their own. Young wood elves are driven to success, and they advance through the ranks of Ca'ial Brael's hierarchy by the merit of their deeds.
They protect their forest and all its flora and fauna fiercely, and carry with them a profound distrust of outsiders. Wood elves prefer not to become involved in external politics, and instead, focus on preserving their own space.
Recent events have forced the wood elves to accede to sending ranks of their adventurers out into the world. Enough threats have mounted that even this reclusive race can no longer ignore what is going on around them.
"The Wood Elves' have a long storied history steeped in Jin mysticism and martial battle. Together with their neighbors, the Wood Elves have helped hold a balance of power on the island chain of Kojan.
Wood Elves, like their neighbors the Kojani Humans, are masters of Jin energies, and known the world over as fierce foes, and valiant allies. Wood Elves have been known to be Warriors, Rangers, Rogues, Bards, Shamans, Druids." ()
Wood Elves are a playable race in Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.