Rogues are a common character class representing a diverse category of adventurers, outlaws and warriors. Masters of stealth, skulduggery and finding things that are hidden, they're also very dexterous and agile giving them excellent fighting prowess. Rogues are known to have very high skills in melee or ranged combat thanks to their main stat which is dexterity. They're typically trained to use a variety of weapons such as clubs, daggers, darts, light crossbows, handaxes, heavy crossbows, maces, morningstars, rapiers, shortbows, short swords, slings, and quarterstaffs. They traditionally wear light armor allowing them to move gracefully in stealth and evade enemy attacks. Rogues are able to learn the ability to manipulate magical items while usually lacking any natural talent in spellcasting.
- Sneak Attack - "Rogues study the weaknesses of their opponents and are capable of capitalizing on this knowledge in their deadly sneak attacks."
- Evasion - "Rogues are able to escape potential deadly situations."
- Uncanny Dodge - "Rogues are quick on their feet and can react more quickly to danger than others."
- Crippling Strike
- Skill Mastery (in regards to Disable Trap, Open Lock or Set Trap skills.
- Slippery Mind
- Improved Evasion
- Defensive Roll
- "Rogues have little in common with each other. While some - maybe even the majority - are stealthy thieves, many serve as scouts, spies, investigators, diplomats, or simple thugs. Rogues are versatile, adaptable and skilled at getting what others don't want them to get. While not equal to a fighter in combat, a rogue knows how to hit where it hurts, and a sneak attack can dish out a lot of damage. Rogues also seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to avoiding damage. Experienced rogues develop nearly magical powers and skills as they master the arts of stealth, evasion and sneak attacks. In addition, while not capable of casting spells, a rogue can sometimes "fake it" well enough to cash spells from scrolls, activate wands and use just about any other magic item." (NWN Manual)
"The ultimate thief with legendary skills and many a tale of derring-do, the epic rogue is the master of cunning, deceit and stealth."
Rogue is a playable class in Dungeons & Dragons.