The city of Neverwinter is a large city northern areas of Faerun. It is sometimes known as the City of Skilled Hands or the Jewel of the North. It is considered by many to be the most civilized city on the continent. Despite it's position in the north, the city itself possesses an unnaturally warm climate.
The city of Neverwinter is separated into five districts.
- The Beggar's Nest is the poorest district of the city. It also houses the Great Graveyard, where residents of Neverwinter bury their dead. The Neverwinter Academy can also be found within this district. During the Wailing Death, a Temple of Helm was constructed here.
- The Blacklake District is home to the wealthiest members of Neverwinter society and their servants. This district borders on the City Core via an area known as No-Man's Land -- the area where most of the social elite's servants live. The Blacklake Zoo is found here, and adventurers were able to find the Gauntlet beneath the Board Laid Bare here as well.
- The City Core is the center of the city. All of the districts border it. It is also where many of the most important establishments in the city can be found -- the Trade of Blades, the Moonstone Mask, and the Hall of Justice, and Lord Nasher Alagondar's castle included.
- The Docks District is the city's main port and is therefore one of the industrial centers for the city. The Blood Sailors frequent this port.
- The Prison District is a menagerie of lower, middle, and upper class members of Neverwinter society. Many businesses exist in this district, but the most prominent feature of the district is the Neverwinter Prison where all criminals are kept within the city.